Monday, March 21, 2011

We Did It!

The end the biggest loser at work is over and my team won!  What a journey it was and that I still need to be on.  We lost as a team 15 lbs, what an ending.  Two people lost 5 lbs each I lost 4 lbs and one stayed even but we must have had the .3 etc that pushed us to that 15 pound mark.  It feels great to have accomplished so much but to realize I have another 15 to 20 lbs to go.  I have now lost a total of 36 lbs.  It was fun to see my older kids see Rachel & I because they have not been home since Christmas.  We certainly did surprise them all.  I am so proud of Rachel for going on and sticking to our weight lost journey.  We are not done yet, stay posted!
We went to eat out with all my children & my son's girlfriend and it was awesome.  I love the garlic bread at the restaurant it is to die for.  I did order grilled chicken that came with onion & peppers so it was sorta healthy. It was a great night that was well worth it.  Now I will not eat un-healthy again until Easter.

I found the hardest thing for me was when the biggest loser was over in my mind I thought,great this part of my journey is over now what.  Now what will I do to keep the motivation going?  My mind keeps thinking I'm hungry, eat and I'm not sure why that is.  Talking with my daughter I figured it out why I'm struggling today.  On Saturday it was beautiful out and my daughter from Madison was home as well as my son.  The three of us went to the park to walk and run.  I walked for a little over an hour and it felt great, the time flew by fast.  Then yesterday it snowed big fat flakes, then we had freezing rain and ended up with a thunderstorm.  Today it is cold outside again.  I was depressed and never realized it was the weather until my daughter and I talked.  It is so important to have a support system in place before taking on the weight lost journey. 

I made chilli today in the slow cooker and used V-8 juice instead of just tomamto juice and my family thought it was the best ever!  Mind you my chilli is made with celery, tomatoes, carrots, peas and green beans as well as noddles & chilli beans. 

Watch soon for my updated picture of my daughter & I!!

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to see that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You guys have done so well!!

    ReplyDelete