Friday, March 4, 2011

Count Down

 Final count down!  Only two weeks left to go & I can hardly wait because the pressure to lose more than a pound will be off.  If I’m really tired from working so hard at work I don’t have to exercise without feeling bad once the contest is done.  Last night was week 8 weigh in.  Two members of my team weighed in on Wednesday night and lost two pounds each.  I lost four pounds which puts my total weight lost to 32 lbs!  I feel so much better and must say I look so much better.  We are still in first by 1.3 percent.

My daughter & I always go out to eat on Friday.  We first always look up online the different menus so we know where we can eat and how many calories and fat are in the foods we want to eat.  Tonight we went to Perkins and I got a chicken wrap.  I took the cheese out, had the chicken grilled not deep fried and had the dressing taken out.  I also ordered a side salad with the wrap. For the first time in a long time I ate the whole wrap because I knew everything I ate was less than 500 calories!  How awesome is that but I felt guilty eating the whole thing like I was going to put on weight eating it all.  I do think once the pressure is off I will not feel this way.  I empower everyone to take control of what you eat when you go out.  Our waitress was great, she came back right after serving us our food to make sure the cook made my wrap the way I wanted it.

Its funny this coming Tuesday is fat Tuesday and my daughter said to me we have to eat something naughty.  I was like ok what do you want?  At first she wanted a muffin and I wanted peanut butter M&M’s until we read the labels.  I have settled on a Twinkie that only has 4.5 grams of fat and my daughter hasn’t decided.  I had a small heart attack reading the labels on a lot of the junk food.  As long as we read first what we are going to eat, a health conscience person will not eat the junk food anymore.      

1 comment: