Saturday, February 19, 2011

Food Plan

Thursday night was my fifth weigh in and I lost another 5 lbs!!  I almost jumped off the scale with glee.  As my daughter has said to me, I’ve become obsess with losing weight.  I think I’m at the point where I want to get the weight off and go into maintaining my weight and not worrying about losing the weight.  It’s funny though when I look in the mirror before or after taking a shower I think wow I’m still really fat, I must have been really big. Until were ready to lose weight we don’t really see ourselves as we are, overweight.  What is really important when taking the weight lose journey is to eat a balance diet of food.  Make sure that your food includes carbohydrates, fats, protein, fruits, vegetables and dairy.  What has worked for me was to set up a food plan.  I need to know what I can eat for eat meal rather than wing it and make it up as I go along.  Let me share with you what my meal plan for the day is:
Morning          Snack              Lunch                          Snack              Dinner
2 starch           1 fruit              2 starch                       1 starch           2 starch
2 fruits                                    3 meats                                               3 meats
1 milk                                      free vegetables                                  1 vegetable
1 fat                                         2 fruits                                                1 fruit
                                                1 milk                                                  1 milk
                                                1 fat                                                     1 fat

When I list starch that refers to grains and free vegetables would be anything without calories.  The fat is 5% or under per serving.  I also weigh out all my food unless I eat out and then I usually cut the food in half and eat only the half serving.  I need to have everything mapped out or I will overeat thinking I didn’t eat that much.  It’s a really eye opener to measure out your food and see how much food your eating.  Remember try to do 30 minutes five days a week of exercising.  Once you have the mind set to lose the weight everything starts to fall into place.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Theresa, truly an inspiration! How much water do you drink a day? Secondly, what has been the most difficult part of your journey, and what changes have you made to overcome it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have felt very refreshed since i've upped my water intake

    ReplyDelete